Flyin' High

24 Sept 2014

Pullover / Superdry
Leggings / Dalia Collection
Aviator Trench / Old Navy
Loafers (also seen here) /
 Sperry

So this post is less about fashion and more about fun. 
I bought a flying lesson awhile back that I had been postponing due to "bad weather" and "windy conditions", but after (ahem) 1.5 years I ran out of excuses (yes, I am a scaredy cat..). So off we went, my knight and I, to Simcoe County for what turned out to be one of the most unforgettable experiences. After a restful stay at Bacchus House B&B (that included an amazing breakfast), it was time, I had no place to run or hide. We got to fly a 1969 Cessna, and by flying i mean actually stirring the wheel and turning it, not just touching it with our pinkies. 
The plane was so tiny, it could only fit 3 people, and it almost sways and rustles with touch. I prayed for my life and almost pressed Send to the "Goodbye" messages I drafted to the loved ones upon our ascend. But the instructor at Future Air definitely knew what he was doing. The actual flight was incredible....imagine just yourself and 2 other people in a small steel box hovering thousands of feet above the ground. It literally "lifts you up", lets you see "the big picture", leaves your worldly worries on land. 
Then we hit the trails of the Pretty River Provincial Park and cozy coffee shops in Collingwood.  If you ever visit Ontario, you gotta go flying'...

- Oliya

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SILK IRIS © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger